Useful Information To Guide You Towards A Professional and Useful Site
The basics are vitally important and you should never dismiss them. Listed below with a brief description are five hot tips to jump-start your Web site.
1. Have practical, useful and informative information. Consider your objectives and goals and implement them when building your site. Include newsletters, other links, articles and promotions on your site. Maintain your site frequently, meaning keep it up-to-date. This will keep visitors coming back because they know you offer current information.
2. Create an easy navigation route. One way to do this is to have your page links grouped together. This directs visitors to one area on the page, giving them fast easy access. Minor links such as; contact us, about us, career opportunities, media, etc. Can go at the bottom or top of the home page. They are important but not the main features on the site. With all links and new pages you create be sure to put a ‘home’ link on all those pages. This guides your viewer back to the main page fast rather than back clicking a hand full of times. Navigation is very important and must be done correctly, check and recheck your page links.
3. Your site must be fast. Avoid lots of graphics this will slow your download time or if you’re going to use them keep the size between 80k-100k. Keep in mind not all your viewers will be using the latest and greatest Internet connection. Make your site cross compatible so that even those using a text browser can access it.
4. Know whom you’re designing the site for. This is called your target audience. Identify their age, gender, class, and spending habits. This will create a personable, likeable feeling to your site. You want to create for an individual not for the masses.
5. Offer contact for you visitors. For consumer to business contact a ‘contact us’ page is a great place to put phone, fax, postal, email and a feedback text box. This allows for you to hear from your visitors and is highly beneficial. Make sure you answer questions, comments and concerns – don’t leave them hanging. For business to consumer, offering email marketing and / or real simply syndication are great ways to keep visitors informed and aware even when they don’t visit regularly.
Use this information not just for your own website but for evaluating others. This information will help you keep your site strong professional and give you the knowledge to identify those that are not.
Let Kinetica Media guide you through the process and open your new world of communication. Visit us at www.kineticamedia.com. The author Malerie Giaimo is a spring Public Relations intern at Kinetica Media.